Monday, May 5, 2014

Are You a List Maker?

Here's one to try the next time you're feeling overwhelmed.  I sat down and drew a head and shoulders silhouette.  Across the face, I wrote "STRESS"; coming out of the head, I wrote down each and every thing I was stressing about:  losing Cory, my marriage, debt, grocery shopping, cooking, work, and clutter in my house.


What I did next is the part that really helped.


I took a yellow highlighter and colored all the things I could change.
I took a blue highlighter and colored all the things I can't.


(Yes, marriage was both colors, with two additional bubbles coming out of it- 1) Strengthen the marriage- which takes two participants 2)  Divorce- which takes money.)


What I've been doing the last few days is focusing on the things I have some control over, instead of banging my head against a wall that will never come down.







No comments:

Post a Comment