Monday, November 9, 2015

Winston

Tim seems less than happy that we got a puppy so soon after Gizmo died.  I asked Jake how he felt about this, and his answer was short, but succinct, "It's a good distraction."

I agree.  If not for a tiny new being to care for, I'd be sleeping round the clock.  Instead, Jake and I have been making the rounds showing off Winston, busy with feeding and potty runs, crate training and play sessions.

Replace Gizmo?  Are you kidding me?  There is no way, nor would I want to.  How could a tiny stranger infringe on what Gizmo meant to me?  He can't.

For the very first time, I am trying to accept a death as a death, and move on with my life in a way that honors my loved one, giving my love to someone who is currently alive.  It's sort of a big deal for me,

If you're not ok, that's fine.  But damn, let me be ok if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment