Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sigh

If you lose your child, you will never be the same.
If you lose a friend, you will never get over it.

What if your child was also your friend?  What if you took all the things you loved best- books, music, food, and art- and shared them with this one person?  What if they didn't say, "Oh, cool.", but actually fell in love with them, as well? Just as passionately?  What if you could finish each other sentences and read each other's minds?  What if the banter never stopped and the list of things to tell each other grew with each passing day?

Here's what happens after that child dies:  every story and book that you cherish, every song that moves you, every meal you savor, and every piece of art you admire will bring forth her face, her words, her voice.

  I will never forget my girl.  I will also never enjoy any of my favorite things as much as I did when she was by my side.  How could I?  Half the fun was showing them to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment