Sunday, May 29, 2016

Mail Call

Cory loved Frida Kahlo, as do I.   I browsed the internet tonight just to look at some of her paintings, ended up on Amazon looking at book collections of the famous artist, and finally, much to my indignation, discovered there are not only such things as Frida Kahlo stickers out there, but there are also Frida Kahlo paper dolls.  What the hell?  Does all the cool stuff come out after 2012 or what, people?

This too-late-to-do-my-Cory-Girl-any-good discovery came on the heels of getting yet another piece of mail addressed to her out of my mailbox today.  Punch in the stomach, one and two.

The mail to my dead child I can't stop, even when I notify the senders.  The stickers and dolls?  They will be waiting in the mailbox to comfort the next possible blow in 7-10 business days.  Thank you, Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. I hope one day such reminders will spark a warm glow of love to melt the shocking icy jab to your heart.

    Maybe you could use the dolls and stickers in an art project for Cory, with your own interpretation of Kahlo's art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan...I think that's just what I'll do. xoxo

      Delete