Saturday, October 26, 2013

Re-working It

I made a truly horrendous painting tonight.  I'm not sure when I will just accept the fact that I cannot paint a decent landscape, not even at gunpoint.  Let's face it, nature and I have never really been one.  I have, since childhood, strongly believed it's safer indoors.

So this painting, which halfway through I recognized as hideous and tried to turn into an abstact- the effort being a dismal failure- was so embarrassingly awful that I didn't post it on facebook.  This speaks volumes since a few of my shares should never have seen the light of day.

I sat there for a few minutes, and decided to give it one last try.  Paint is such a wondrous thing.  It forgives your lack of skill or simple mistakes every single time.  I grabbed the masking tape and started covering any tiny little bit that I actually thought had some potential.  When you paint over something, you cover up anything you value.

We'll see how this sad little painting fares, and I will take the larger lesson.  Things aren't so hot for me right now.  It's time to mask and re-work.

No comments:

Post a Comment