Friday, December 27, 2013

Survivor

Who actually loses weight over the holidays?  This girl right here.  It was evident in the way I didn't need to shimmy into my skinny jeans today, but just simply slid them on, and said hello to my hipbones as I did so.  Frickin HATE the holidays now.  The whole season is nothing more than a giant magnifying glass to me.  It hurts everyday.  It's lonely everyday.  But on these special days meant to be shared with your loved ones, it is anguish.  I tried my best to sleep through the majority of the worst 48 hours, and did a fairly good job.  Thank you, Trazodone.  You are a true friend.

By the time Christmas Eve came around, I had already giving up on eating and bathing, resigning myself to a single pair of mismatched pajamas and greasy hair.

 Hey, at first, I tried...I went out and got the absolute bare necessities needed for Jake's Christmas, and even attempted to cozy up to my husband for comfort.  When I recognized myself as  Mrs. Roper from Three's Company prancing around in her marabou feather nightie to Mr. Roper's constant indifference and annoyance, I threw in the towel.  Every time I so much as looked in Tim's direction, he shrank from my gaze, and began to look put-upon, as if I'd asked him to go install a garbage disposal or put up a set of shelves during his leisure time.

 I am no one's job.  I took my freshly shaved legs and retreated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment