Saturday, December 20, 2014

Med Review

A med review is supposed to be quick and painless.  How are you?  How have your symptoms been?  Are you having any side effects?  Ok, I've renewed all your scripts, please sign here.

A med review is not the place to lay out all of your irrational anger and rage, working yourself up to a volume that is undeniably too loud for the office.  You really shouldn't find that tears are burning your face and threatening to leave the eyes of your healthcare provider.

I found myself trying to get the nurse on my side with this driver thing, and not having to spare a whole lot of effort to do it.  From there, we talked about the cops, and how cruel it was for the lead cop to bully me into leaving the scene, and demand I leave Cory's body on the road.   I am positive this woman has some children close to Cory's age, because she left her notes forgotten, and just gaped at me.  "They did WHAT?"

She told me about a cousin she has who'd been in a bad accident, who survived, but had horrible scars on her face and neck.  While I drifted off imagining a scarred Cory, but an ultimately ALIVE Cory, who continued to live and grow, becoming a wife and a mother, she continued to tell me her family had always suspected that the driver was protected somehow, since no charges were ever brought.  "The justice system isn't perfect.  It's not much further than us walking around with clubs beating each other."

Sister, don't get me started.

Do I have anger issues?
Oh, and how.








No comments:

Post a Comment