Saturday, October 24, 2015

She Was Honest, lol

I just turned 42.  I can tell I'm getting old because I only want to listen to the music I liked in high school.  My favorite all time band ever, ever, ever has always been Queensryche, and Cory tolerated this valiantly.  One time while chopping up vegetables, I bent back suddenly at the waist and came up singing some crazy note with my neck tendons bulging.  Cory nearly fell on the floor laughing.  She may have clapped.

All was well until we watched the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  The lead character was a kooky writer whose passion was writing a play for puppet vampires.  Actually the play was a musical.  He sang for the puppets and Cory uncomfortably noted the spooky resemblance of this sound with the theatrical stylings of Geoff Tate from Queensryche.  That was it.  It was just over for me.  There was no denying it.

I just listened to one of my favorite Queensryche songs and had to laugh myself silly.  Cory was right here making her goofy Dracula puppet voice for me.  That child.

No comments:

Post a Comment