Thursday, March 10, 2016

Just Jake

It's always unexpected when Jacob offers up some memory, story, or thought of his sister without being prompted.  They are rare, and so precious.

Today, in the car, on the way home from parent-teacher conferences, he spoke about the last time he saw Cory alive.  He said it was the day of the accident, maybe an hour or two before she died.  They had to take turns with the living room big screen on a regular basis so he could play his video games and she could watch music videos or her shows.  They did pretty good on their own, with me only having to referee occasionally.

That day?
 "I gave the tv to her when she asked.   I let her have a turn. I'm so glad I did." he said quietly and turned his face to the window in a hurry before our eyes could meet.

He always finds something to be grateful for.  He doesn't get it from me.  Or from Tim.  It's just Jake.




No comments:

Post a Comment