Monday, March 3, 2014

The Best Part of My Weekend

Sunday afternoon, I had this dream:


Cory was back.  She had been...gone on a trip...perhaps kidnapped?  The villain (God) had seen fit to return her, and she was home, living and breathing, warm and full of color.  She moved, and smiled...walked and talked.  I simply could not believe it, and leapt onto her lap right there at the kitchen table.  She laughed and complained good-naturedly about my bony butt.  Everything was as it had been, except that I knew she had been taken from me, and for seemingly an eternity.  To see her and touch her again was my wildest dreams come true.


In my dream, I felt shy.  We hadn't hung out in so long!  Would she still love me the same?  Would I still be her favorite person in the world?  I couldn't wait to find out!  I had so much to tell her.


Drinking in her features, I simply accepted this miracle of her return, and began planning our evening meal and movie to watch together. 


My heart was so full, I could barely breathe.
Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment