Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas was a wash.  I boasted to everyone that since I made it to the Thanksgiving family gathering, I would go to Christmas, as well.  Who wants to go backwards?

Turns out, Christmas is a lot harder for me than I may have thought.  Tim had Christmas Eve and Day off, so he was able to shuttle Jake around to the family events.  My dog, Gizmo, and I split my bottle of Ativan and just slept the days away.  (Okay, he just sniffed the bottle, and watched as I medicated reality away).

I waited to feel bad that I'd let my family down, and what if it were their last Christmas, and all of that.  It never really happened.  Isolating myself was purely a brain stem decision.  I knew people were probably disappointed with me, but I could live with that.

 This was my horror to get through any way I can, after all, not theirs.

If there is a time for everything, this was my time to sleep, and chase my girl in my dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment