Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back To School

I spent five hundred dollars on Cory's kindergarten wardrobe, and this was back in 1998!  Tim tried to weigh in, and discovered there would be no cutting corners for my girl- yes, she needed five different pair of shoes!  What were we, barbarians? We stuffed her backpack full of so many school supplies, she nearly tipped over when she walked away.  Most of them came home with a note from her teacher saying she really didn't need quite everything.  I have to smile now, she might as well have added a line suggesting I get evaluated for an anxiety disorder and watch myself as I edged ever closer to the hoarder I might someday become.  All I knew is that after years of making do with dollar store treasures, my girl would have whatever she needed...as if any of that could be bought and paid for, and stuffed inside a backpack.  Silly twenty-four year old me.

I see I fared no better when stuffing her casket to the brim with her special things and outfitting her with all the brand new pretties.  She needed none of it, of course, but it brought me so much joy to provide for her.  It always has.

Love you, Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment