Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fur Divas

In the fall of 2011, Cory and I went to Kalamazoo with her Aunt Kim, Blake, and Cayla to look around the mall...just to look, mind you. Kim and I wandered into the Guess store while the kids checked out some of the other stores. There on the wall, tempting me most sinfully, was the single most luxurious looking faux fur vest I’d ever clapped an eye on.
  I was certain it would look amazing with every dress/sweater/top I owned….and it was my birthday(ish). Right beside it was an equally jaw-dropping faux-fur bomber, complete with hood. With a blink of my eye, I could see Cory snuggled into it, looking like a super cute tiny pimp…if pimps were cute, well, never mind, but you get the idea. 
Just to add to the excitement, my sister, Kim, had her eye on a leather jacket- but needed my influence to push her over the edge. This I could do. But first- Cory. We left the store to find the kids. Without telling her a smidgen of what I was up to, I trooped her in the store, and asked her what she thought of the fur bomber. 
Sweetheart that she was (and used to my shopping addiction), she responded, “Omg, Mom, I LOVE it, it would look so cute on you!” When I said back, “Baby girl, I meant for you…”, her jaw dropped. She jumped up and down, right there in the store, squealing and hugging me by turns.  Once she had pulled herself together, I tried on the vest, and she agreed we simply must treat ourselves. We would be the most fashionable fur divas around. 
As I think back to how happy I was to spoil her with that cool jacket, and see the stars in her eyes, I remember seeing those same stars every time we watched a movie together at home in our pajamas or tooled around Barnes and Noble without buying a thing.
  Out of all the things I gave to her over her lifetime, the thing she treasured most was the time we spent together.  

  But, damn, she looked cute in that jacket!

  Love you, baby girl. Always. Always. Always.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment