Saturday, February 1, 2014

Birthday Plans

30 Days of Cory- #10


Remembering Cory today started with a conversation with Tim.  He told me he got February 23rd off from work to be with me on Cory's birthday, and thought we should do something to honor her.  I was surprised to hear this, but pleased.  His suggestion was to go to a favorite restaurant of hers with Jake, and have a birthday dinner.


This seems like a perfectly reasonable, and lovely idea.  Naturally, I feel completely opposed to the idea.  While he planned his surf and turf order out loud, I inwardly recoiled.  Would this become just another dinner out without her, where the boys had a great time and I couldn't swallow?  Do I really want to make such a public recognition of her absence?


Somewhere, my closest friends roll their eyes.  Yes, I am that difficult.  Yes, I get that it is a nice idea from Tim, who wouldn't even talk about Cory three months ago, let alone try to plan a freaking ritual to honor her life.  So what is my problem?   What?


Don't slap me.  I don't want her to be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment