Sunday, February 2, 2014

W-H Questions Part II


I don't want her to be dead. 


See how Acceptance does me?  The jerk promises to stay with me forever, and then just blows town in the middle of the night for parts unknown.  I should have known.  Wasn't there that little bit of mistrust all along?  This is not the guy that's gonna stay and raise a family with you.  This is the guy who will float in and out of your life on a whim.


You cannot accomplish these stupid stages and be done with them.  You simply move in and out them...forever. 


Something else I've discovered- that are many facets to Acceptance.


 Just because you have one down, doesn't mean you have them all.  Most days, I know Cory is gone and isn't coming back.  You'd think I've mastered Acceptance.  But not only do you have to make peace with the fact that your child is dead, you have to accept how she died, what was or was not done to save her, her mutilitated body.  At some point, you'll have to accept the answers you get and the ones you'll never have no matter how much you pursue them.



No comments:

Post a Comment