Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Minimum of 21 Days...

They say to create a new habit, you must do something for a minimum of 21 days.  As with anything, it's not an exact science; we are all individuals.  If you happen to be fighting your nature, I imagine you could triple that estimate...or more.  For the last 21 days, give or take, I've been keeping a gratitude calendar- pretty much forcing myself to be positive for about 60 seconds each day...fill the blasted box, Nick.  There's got to be something. I've read this is supposed to help with depression, so it's worth a try.  Since I bitch so much on this blog, I thought I'd humor those pesky optimists out and share some things I am grateful for:

  1.  Schlotzky's carrot cake, when my mom's is not available
  2. Kind friends on facebook
  3. Jake's laugh
  4. Starbuck's coffee
  5. Brownstone's coffee and atmosphere
  6. My voice
  7. My husband did the dishes before he went to work
  8. My husband, who begrudges me nothing that I buy through his hard work to bring myself comfort
  9. The thoughtfulness and kindness of others
  10. Nineteen years with an amazing girl.
  11. Words
  12. Art
  13. Getting my car repaired, and back on the road
  14. Time off work to rest, and regroup
  15. My mother and father
  16. Reese's McFlurries
  17. Sleeping in
  18. So many beautiful pictures of my daughter
  19. The sound of my dog snoring
  20. That my mom's eye surgery went flawlessly
  21. The trip to Italy with my mother
  22. That reading has never failed to be a perfect escape into another world for as long as the good story holds out
xoxo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment