Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tales of Jacob- Volume 1

(Because if I didn't brag on how funny her little "brah" is, Cory would never forgive me.  Plus, I am quite in love with the little guy myself...)

The other day I called Jacob to come see the new besties of the household:  Violet, our large, super aggressive tiger stripe cat and Oliver, the most docile little orange tabby cat who ever lived.  Violet is barely off of Kitten Chow, while Oliver is a dignified soon to be 16 year old gentleman who is losing weight to the degree that I've taken to feeding him soft cat food in secret while the others are napping.  Violet and Oliver are a most unlikely pair, yet there they were, sunning themselves on the cat napper, all but spooning.  Jacob smiled widely, just shaking his head at this outrageous sight.

"Look at them!  The skinniest and the fattest!"  I observed.

Jacob took immediate offense on behalf of his beloved, crying out, "She's not fat!  She's lumpy!"

"Lumpy?"  I questioned, searching my female heart to decide if one prospect was better than the other.

"Yes."  he declared firmly.  "Lumpy.  Like Grandpa calls me and Cory."

Oh yes.  

Only my dear, sweet father could successfully turn "lumpy" into a complimentary adjective and term of endearment.

I can only hope Jacob will remember to bestow it on his children someday, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment