Thursday, May 21, 2015

Grief Attack

I've spent the last couple weeks fighting with my husband, and worrying about our marriage.  I've spent the last few days worried about a project at work that I wasn't sure how to do.  For the most part, Tim's mood passed and he is mostly back to normal.  The meeting at work that I dreaded for days is over, and didn't go as badly as my anxiety had led me to believe.

Pretty much the second I walked out of that meeting room, I felt a crushing wave of sadness come over me.  All this stress...all this worry...where was my Cory Girl?  It was as if she'd been pushed to the back while I dealt with these other things, and I began to fear that this meant she was fading away.  It's been nearly three years and there are days when I am the only one who says her name.  For most people who knew her, life has returned to normal.  It will never be normal to me.  And whatever it is, normal or not, I hate it.  I hate being here without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment