Thursday, May 21, 2015

Halfway

Many marriages after the death of a child do not survive.  And most marriages in which one partner has bipolar fail.  Dr. Z said the two main factors to divorce in marriages involving bipolar are aggression and hypersexuality.  This would wholeheartedly explain my relationships with the fathers of my children and their admittedly rocky roads.

So then I wonder what the odds are for the marriage where one partner has bipolar AND there's been the loss of a child...talk about a challenge.

Somehow my depression and PTSD don't seem to qualify as real illnesses to anyone but my doctor.  And yet I'm supposed to bow down to the almighty Bi-Polar Disorder, and excuse any and all behaviors that accompany it.  It's hard work, and frankly I'm over it.  My anxiety, bad enough before Cory's death, has mushroomed into a monster I have difficulty wrangling.  I have my own issues now.  Meet me half way or don't meet me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment