Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Can You?

So.  Blakie got married!   Blake is my nephew, who was also only three months younger than Cory.  They went to school together and the whole bit.  A couple of weeks ago, his tiny self got married (seriously the boy must still have a 28 inch waistline) to the girl of his dreams.  The wedding was beautiful, and I know Cory would've been out of her mind excited for them both.

Having said that, let me tell you another thing that sucks about losing a child.  The milestones.  Their friends will and should begin having them:  going away to college, getting married, having babies.  Cory never will.  Can you even imagine that for your kids? 
 She never will.

And she deserved to.  She deserved the chance to go to college.

She deserved to find a good man who would treat her well.  She deserved to wear the fancy dress and have a day that was hers.  I close my eyes, and I see sideswept bangs and a veil down over.  I hear her giggling that she'll just wear flats because walking in heels in public gives her nightmares. She might very well of gone bare foot. I see her with a bouquet of flowers in hand and stars in her eyes...

can you see her, too?


No comments:

Post a Comment