Friday, July 10, 2015

Confessions of the Nonsensical

Today I ended up buying mascara, which is really rather optimistic of me since I seldom wear any makeup at all anymore.  (If you'd told me previously that I would ever set foot out of my house without makeup on purpose, I would guffawed and went to sort my eyeshadows).

There was a sale, buy one, get one sort of a thing.  So...

I bought Cory a mascara.

Is that crazy?  I guess I am losing my mind, but if you knew how much Cory loved the makeup commercials on tv, and how excited she was for any new product...

and last week, I saw L'oreal Manga Eyes had come out with L'oreal Manga Eyes Rock Style, which was sort of spiky and clumpy on purpose sort of a thing...

and well, there were two right next to each other, like purposely set out one for her, and one for me.

I tried to pretend I was just stocking up and that the Rock Style mascara would be worn by me, but we all know I was the girly one, and Cory had the edge.  I'm not sure I could play off spiky mascara at work even if I tried.  It's not that creative of a work environment.

But, nonetheless, I took them up to the register and I bought them.  It was my secret, and now that I've told it, I'll tell you, also, that I went home and placed my mascara in my make-up drawer and Cory's (still in the package) in her make-up drawer in the bathroom vanity.  It's still stuffed with her hairbrushes, ponytail holders, and various items of makeup.

I have since thought about this action and tried to figure out what the hell is wrong with me.  And then I decided I don't care.  Obviously, I am a hoarder of sorts, if I can't even part with one of her cottonballs.  Whatever.  There are worse things to be.

And, well...she's still my daughter.  I can buy her makeup she'll never wear if I want to.
 It's the thought that counts.

2 comments:

  1. It IS the thought that counts. And if it brings you a little spark of Cory, then eat that up!

    ReplyDelete