Monday, September 9, 2013

Being Present

Headed back to work today, and it went surprisingly well.  As much as I hate to admit that Dr. Z may have been right all along about how getting back into your routine helps tremendously while grieving, I have to say this:

I was upright today.  I was clean.  I ate regular meals.  And most importantly, I was thinking about someone other than myself.

I also read a quote I wanted to share,

"Worry is an attempt to control the future.  Guilt is an attempt to control the past."

I have been indulging in massive amounts of both; which, when you think about it, seems like a pointless waste of energy.  I'm going to try to be more present, because I'm sure Cory would tell me you have to live life to the fullest; you never know when a day will be your last.

I, for one, am going to go cook my son a household favorite: whiskey bbq sloppy toms.  Then, I'm gonna head out to my studio to finish painting the nudie I started.

 Why a nude?  One, I think the human body is a beautiful subject.  And two, I've learned all too well, that grief strips you of all your defenses, and bares you to the world, such as you are.

Then, it's to bed at a reasonable time.  After all,

I have a job to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment