Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting to Know Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Web MD's suggestions to cope with rage and anger from PTSD are:

  • Talk with someone you trust.
  • Write down your feelings. It may help to make a list of things that are bothering you. Decide which things you can change, and how you can change them.
  • Exercise, draw, paint, or listen to music to release the anger.
I cannot remember the last time I was so full of rage.  I feel like that girl on Firestarter by Stephen King- if I don't hurry up and order this shit to "Back off!  Back off!", it's just going to burn me up right where I stand. On the other hand, there's a thought...

I've tried to talking to a few people, and I'm sure those are super pleasant conversations for the receivers of my discontent.

Writing I can do.  I do it everyday.  Making a list of things that bother me?  Well, that's pretty short.  And being asked what's wrong is something that sets that hair across my ass just right and plumffff!  the inferno goes up with the drop of that particular match.  What's wrong?  Are you fucking kidding me?  

She's dead.  She's still dead.  And she's always going to be dead.
Does anything else even matter?????????????????  Isn't that enough?

Can I change it?  No.  So here I am, painting and listening to music and feeling no less like running into the streets screaming at strangers.  Rage?  Show me the driver. Show me her father.  Show me anyone who slighted her in any way.

Show me the mirror.  I haven't looked in one all weekend cause I know what will happen if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment