Thursday, December 31, 2015

Those Who Can't...

So...

I will try to see the beauty, as well as honor my pain.

I saw some baby bump pics the other day of one of Cory's best friends since kindergarten.  The joy for her was genuine, but I did think about how Cory will never sport a baby bump and it nearly swallowed me whole.

This morning, I had this thought:  when you can't do something, the expression is often, "I'll live vicariously through you."  How lucky am I to be close enough to Cory's childhood friends to be able to witness their life's milestones?  It is better to be able to watch these young ladies grow older than bury myself in bitterness.  And the thing about Cory was that although she was sometimes jealous of the normalcy of others' lives, she was kind enough and strong enough to still be happy for them.  I so much want to be like her.  She was such an incredible person.

2 comments: