Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Half-Empty?

Pissed off all day.  Wanted to scream and break stuff.  It started when I opened my eyes- anxious because Tim had slept past his alarm again, but the anxiety never stopped or even slowed over the course of the day.  It just got worse.  By noon, I had the urge to jump in my car and take a drive so I could scream without anyone hearing me.  I felt like I could knock down walls.  Hurt people.  At least one.  Maybe two.

What was I so angry about?  Anything.  Everything.  But really just the same one thing.  She's dead.

It's not fair what happened to her!  I hate it.  I hate what I saw.  I hate what she surely felt, even if it was only for one searing, white-hot, confusing instant. I hate that I wasn't there, that she was ALONE.

 I hate that I can't muster even a shred of excitement for the stupid holidays.  Ruined.  Everything is ruined.  Her chair will always be empty.  Why do I have the feeling the holiday season will always be something to get through, never to enjoy?  Am I a pessimist or am I a realist?

Pessimism?  Pshaw!  You say the glass is half-full.  I don't say it's half-empty.  I say, "what fucking glass?"

No comments:

Post a Comment