Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Visual Cues

Maybe these are more for me than anyone else who may read them, but I still thought I'd share where my head is tonight or rather where I'd like it to be:


Accident:

an unplanned and unfortunate event that results in damage, injury, or upset of some kind.

the way things happen without any planning, apparent cause, or deliberate intent.

What happened to Cory was an accident.


My thought:  I shouldn't have let Cory walk to the store.

Fact:  It was a reasonable decision.

My thought:  I was selfish to allow Cory to go to the store that day.

Fact:  Cory was getting exercise, self-esteem, socialization, and independence out of this simple errand.

My thought (ALL THE TIME):  I made a bad decision on July 5th, 2012.  Nothing else I did matters.

Fact:  It was a sound decision.  I made many other good decisions for Cory that helped her and kept her safe.

Guilt:

a feeling of worry or unhappiness that one has because one has done something wrong, such as causing harm to another person.

Fact:  I did not harm Cory.

Putting these babies in my bag and taking them with me tomorrow.  I won't have time to read them at work, but I will know they are there when my brain "starts being unkind" to me, as my Miss Angie would say.


No comments:

Post a Comment