Monday, August 24, 2015

Without You is How I Disappear

I've got a lot of work left to do.

I don't even want to go home today.

I don't want to go home and walk into a house where she isn't.  I don't want to make dinner in the godforsaken kitchen with my cool Blue Apron meal supplies. I don't want to cook for three people.   I don't want to take a leisurely shower afterwards uninterrupted by her pounding on the door to ask me a question.  I don't want to beg Jacob to watch Switched At Birth with me, get rejected, and then end up watching it alone, feeling sad and empty.  I don't want to kiss one child good night, while the other one rests underground, surely bones by now.

I wish I could just disappear.  It's too hard, and I'm tired of trying to be okay.
I'm not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment